Friday, August 22, 2014

Thinking about spirit

Starting an exploration of my interest in spirituality/religion. This has been a life long interest that I have pursued more or less deeply over time. A few courses in religion in college, Jewish history, and a course on the bible come to mind, several rather serious years of pagan/witch practice, and most recently a foray into Christian mysticism are some of my experiences. I have a small library of books on the women in the bible and feminist theology as well.

Now the journey continues with my joining a UU (Unitarian/Universalist) class called Wellspring which is a school year long process of bi monthly meetings, monthly spiritual direction, and a daily spiritual practice. I will be using this space as my journal to explore the questions for reflection and to document my process of discovery.

Before the first session I will be setting up meetings with spiritual directors, and starting to read Everyday Spiritual Practice edited by Scott W. Alexander. I have just finished Barbara Brown Taylor's An Altar in the World in which she describes numerous ways to approach an everyday practice of spirit. Found it not only an enjoyable read but thought provoking about what could be a spiritual practice. Much about being alive in the moment. AWAKE!

No comments:

Post a Comment